Interviewing My Grandma

 Hey guys so for my interview I decided to pick my Grandma. I decided to pick her because I knew she would have a lot to say about todays generation of music lol. She is not a fan of it all so I knew her response would be interesting. This is an over the phone interview because I did not go home for fall break. Anyways here is how the interview went...

Me: Grandma what type of music did you most listen to when you were younger?

    Grandma: Mostly rap, gospel, and slow R&B. When I was younger the music I had access to was limited.

Me: What is your favorite type of music?

    Grandma: Gospel. 

Me: Why?

    Grandma: My momma would play it around the house every morning before we went off to school. We had to go to Church every Sunday so I heard it there a lot also. I just love God so I love Gospel.

Me: What kinds of concerts have you attended in various points In your life?

    Grandma: Ive been to a few concerts but my favorite was Albertina Walker. My husband bought us tickets to see her in Memphis.

Me: How was it? 



    Grandma: I enjoyed myself. She was my favorite Gospel Singer so to see her live was enjoyable. Her voice was so powerful I felt everything she sing. It was a large crowd. I can remember looking around seeing people cry. Thats how powerful she was.

Me: What is your favorite Gospel song?

    Me: Lord Remember me

Me: Has your taste in music changed over your lifetime?

    Grandma: It's the same. Gospel is still my favorite

Me: What do you think about the music that kids listen to today?

    Grandma: You know how I feel about that. Trash. The profanity and choice of words used in these rap songs are distasteful. I can't stand to listen to it. (side note: she hates when I play my kind of music when i'm riding with her lol)

Me: How do you feel about the music on the radio today?

    Grandma: I keep my station on gospel

Me: How do you feel music has evolved or changed throughout your lifetime?

    Grandma: Its definitely more diverse. But I can't say too much because I rarely listen to any of the new music that is out today.

Me: Have you ever played an instrument or took lessons?

    Grandma: I played the piano and took lessons. My grandmother made all of her grandkids take lessons. I remember having to play the piano in church every now and then. (Side not-My grandma also made me take piano lessons when I was younger)

I wanna close out my blog saying that I think my Grandma has great taste in music even though it may not be my favorite. I enjoyed interviewing Grandma and hearing all the responses she gave me.


Comments

  1. Hey Key ! I enjoy this blog, even though I don't listen to gospel. The artist you mention had a very beautiful voice. I loved the part where your grandma talked about her concert experience. There's only some people in this world that have a way with music and she is one! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Key!! I really enjoyed your blog about your Grandmothers taste in music. I love that her favorite genre was gospel. In my blog I talked about my mom and how she grew up in the church. I believe that if she hadn't already she would love to hear Albertina Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Key, my grandmother grew up in the church and she loves Albertina Walker. Growing up whenever I was at her house we'd wakeup before church on Sundays and listen to various gospel artists while my grandma made breakfast which usually consisted of bacon, grits, and eggs. My grandma still believes waking up to gospel music is a good way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading about your grandma's music taste. She was the only one of the blogs I have read that had a strong consistency in her taste. Reading about how much she enjoys it though was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is very cool your grandma used to listen to rap and rnb because my grandma loved Elvis and did not like rap at all. Your grandma literally seems like someone who was cool back then and still cool to this day. But your grandma loves the church hymns i know a lot of them because i went to a Pentecostal church for many years of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aboriginal People Of Australia

Music/Cultures Of Indigenous Americans