Key's Musical Taste

 Hey everyone! Im Keyshuna Fair, but I go by Key. I was born and raised in Anderson, South Carolina. Im attending Converse on an Athletic Scholarship for basketball. Ive been playing basketball for as long as I can remember. I will be majoring in business with a concentration in sports managment. Some of my favorite things to do are eat, sleep, and watch Netflix. I grew up around a very big, loving, and suppourtive family. I don't really have any musical background, but music is apart of my everyday life. You can always catch me somewhere with my headphones listening to music.

One of my favorite songs right now would have to be Nevada by Nba Youngboy. Honestly any song of his are my favorite. I can say that I listen to this song at least once a day. I really love the beat this song has. It's a settle, but hype beat at the same time. One of my favorite part of the song would have to be the chorus. It's very catchy. I love how he's both singing and rapping throughout the song. Youngboy is by far my most favorite rapper because he is so versatile. He has a song for practically every vibe. He has songs to make you hype, sad, get you motivated, or inspired. His wordplay, story telling, and hooks is what makes me love his music the most.


Another song thats been on repeat a lot is Outside by MO3 & OG Bobby billions. This is a tribute song to MO3, he was killed in a drive by shooting. He was a rising star who life was took. He dropped this song before he was kilt. This song showcased his lyrical abilities and versatile vocal. His powerful vocals flows smoothly with the beat of the song. This song makes me feel the sadness, but at the same time the powerfulness of this song.

A song that I connect/find important to me would have to be Dark Cloud by Rod Wave. I deeply connect with the lyrics of this songs. I like Rod Wave as an artist because he talks about real life stuff that I can relate to. Whenever im sad or feeling down I play this song. If you've ever been through something traumatic In your life you will be able to relate to this song well. The thing that makes the lyrics meaningful is hi voice, not just what is being sung. When he sings it you can feel all the power and meaning behind his voice. You can feel the helpness, the agony, and the desperation. His music can bring the emotions you've forgotten or the feelings you're battling now to light.
One type of genre of music that I don't connect is classical music. The pace and rhythm of this type of music is too slow for me. Also most of it is too high pitched. I like hype beats/melodies. I just can't sit and enjoy classical music. I've never been able to understand it. I'd rather stick with the type of music I like now. I just feel like classical music is very dry. Maybe I just haven't heard the right song, but the ones I have heard I wasn't a fan of. When I think of classical music I think of old fashioned, boring, and complicated music.

Comments

  1. I agree with you on the rap songs. I really like rap music myself, especially the young boy song you put out and the MO3 song. Those 2 songs are really amazing to me and I love the your meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your music choice a lot, and I really connect with you on how you feel about yb. One of my closest friends played Nevada every time he was on aux. It took a minute, but it eventually grew on me. I also agree with you on classical music. It can be so slow and boring, I can't stand to listen to it for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your music taste! I like the Nba Youngboy song. If you ever feel like trying to like classical, I suggest starting with listening to ambient or instrumental music with more of a focus on the beats. Such as lofi beats music. This music is good for studying or trying to focus too. Just a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing My Grandma

Music/Cultures Of Indigenous Americans

History On African-American Spirituals